Thursday, May 25, 2006

Button Expert

Somebody wrote me an eMail and asked if she should keep her buttons she inherited from her grandmother "carded"?
I am by no means an expert, but when I have asked some real button "nuts" they have conventions etc. they say that the cards are very important. So if you want to keep their value as a collectable keep them on the cards, as with any collectable the more original you can keep it the more the value.

However, for me I don't care about the collectable value, I just love to play with them sort them touch them and once in a while use them on a project.

I have a great deal of fun looking through the buttons for a project I am working on. In my opinion a button can make the outfit. If I put a fabulous button on a sweater even if the yarn or the sweater is not so fabulous it becomes fabulous. The button sets the tone.

No comments: